Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.
Oscar de la Renta
Summer Fashion 2015!
This week I’ll be introducing a new trend that is taking over our summer wardrobe…the aztec and tribal print!
Definition of aztec clothing:
Clothing for the Ancient Aztecs offered a unique take on fashion with their colourful style sense. Clothing was an expression of many things for the Aztecs, their way of living, social class, gender, their role in society, age and even religion were reflected in their clothing.
Fashion takes an exotic turn and explodes in amazing colours and prints…
Throughout the Spring of 2015 we’ve witnessed the parade of bright colours, loads of prints…and the Summer of 2015 will be a combination of the two and the rise of the shirt-dress.
I’ll be honest and say…my wardrobe is colourful but it has just a few aztec prints, which I didn’t wear in a while:)
Writing this article, today, makes me want to find that dress or that skirt and take it for a walk under the beautiful sun!
If you’re wondering how you can spot a tribal print, here are some tips:
- Strong graphic prints
- Warm and earthy tones
- Safari look
- Combination of brown, red, orange, sometimes black and white
How to wear aztec – inspired tribal prints?
That is a good question, because no matter how you build your outfit, you shouldn’t forget that the print will set the look…you will build your look around the print and the colours.
- Keep it Simple – tribal motifs look really good on their own, especially when we talk about a dress.
- Wear print with print – I know it sounds crazy, but it does work; if it’s not your style always pair it up with a plain neutral colour.
- Create the loved Safari look and add a leather belt or even boots
- Always accessorize – these prints are everywhere like on bags, scarves, jewellery – so find the right combination and wear them
I am actually very excited thinking about this infusion of prints and colours, which can possibly spice up our wardrobe considerably:)
What do you think?
Would you wear it or you’re already wearing it?
My Red Page © 2015 All rights reserved